Region One Cybersecurity Summit 2019
Region One hosted a Cybersecurity Summit for 2019 in Edinburg, TX. The event was free and I signed up to attend. It was a great event that had many great presenters. The theme of the summit was Cybersecurity on a regional level. Here are some of the talks I attended and the takeaways I got from them.
Reduce Your Cybersecurity Risk and Get Complaint with SB 820
– Develop Policy: use already established policies as blueprints – Items to invest in: Malware protection/Endpoint protection, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Spam Filtering, Log Monitoring
Sharpen your Cybersecurity Skills in 1 Hour
– Leverage free courses
– Practice as much as possible (1 hour a day)
– Find and compete in Cybersecurity competitions
Ransomware: How to Detect, Prevent, and Respond
– “Not a matter of If but When”
– Leverage immutable storage
– Develop strategies and policies.